Glad They Are There (A Series): Rheostatics

Did I already do Rheostatics.? I don't care. I'll do them as many times as I want, and since 1992, I've done just that. They've been a Toronto fixture for more than 30 years now, and only barely getting the credit they've ALWAYS deserved. Just a killer, progressive, heavy, krauty, art-rock folk-pop kind of thing. Maybe. Sometimes I think they're all things to all people. Those who listen, anyway. Oh, one thing - theres decidedly no "The" in their name, which makes it awkward to refer to them sometimes.

Rheostatics are my favourite band. Along with Radiohead and several (hundred) others. You can turn to the Rheos for almost any mood, but its always musical, and always with character. And they are terribly Canadian. Came up on small-town tours. And abroad. Magical album pair: Melville and Whale Music. But ALL worthwhile.

As always, I cannot help but mention writer, singer and guitarist Martin Tielli. Among the best musicians/singers/writers I've had the pleasure of hearing and seeing. That's it. Let's not even get into his art.





Martin Tielli

Comments

Garden Distrikt Popular Posts

What IS Art, Exactly?

Meet Pema Chödrön

Things I Wrote In My Notebook (a series)

Things I Wrote In My Notebook (a series)