New Music from 1998


Only 20 years old - a mere spring chicken, here's -

"Hair of the God"

1998 Music by Martin Lomas, words from "The Eye of the Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran as read by Johnny Cash.



All of the guitar tracks were created by sampling my own work at half-speed. Why? Serendipity. I had some recordings of mine on cassette tape. These were made on the typical TASCAM PortaStudio unit (see below), which uses the tape at double-speed to improve quality. I wanted to revive them, and so planned to re-record them digitally, double the speed (since I no longer have a double-speed tape deck), and clean them up. But I got stuck at the half-speed stage. Some wonderful new sounds become available.

Comments

Garden Distrikt Popular Posts

What IS Art, Exactly?

Meet Pema Chödrön

Things I Wrote In My Notebook (a series)

Things I Wrote In My Notebook (a series)